Thursday, May 13, 2010

Outside In...

Do you title your quilts? I do. This one is Outside In.



On a quilt group outing a while back, I bought this print fabric. On sale.
Even I thought it was a bit...ugly. But it a good way. Especially if you didn't use too much of it.




 So this quilt started with the idea of the binding first.
The solids are Shot Cottons. The white is Kona.


But as you can see, it's not quilted yet. So you can't see the binding. But it'll look just like the little border strip. I think I'll quilt it with wavy lines to repeat the wavy lines in the print. Maybe.

Life is really busy right now! We're packing to move back to our house in a month. We've been housesitting for three years, and our home was rented. Now we've got a ton of projects going, trying to get it all done before we move back in. It's been an interesting three years- away from home and our belongings, but only 10 minutes from our house. On one hand, it seems like we just moved here, and on the other, we're pretty comfortable, and moving is a BIG hassle.

 But change keeps life interesting, right?



Make it a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love it. I gotta show this quilt to my daughter. She'll go nuts. It is really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wrong, change is not interesting! ;-) I could do without a big change for a really long time! Good luck with all the packing and moving- can't wait to see your new old house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Ugly in a good way. Haha. Sure looks good to me. It was a nice starting point!! I love love love your skinny borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. But then I love all the quilts you share with us. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your quilt! Your thin border and binding fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is just fabulous! Simple and graphic and totally striking. Congrats on a creating a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete