Monday, April 30, 2012

Ten Thousand Quilts

American Hero Quilts has given over 10,000 quilts to injured US military. That's amazing. And sadly, more are needed.

Our quilt group is hosting a  
Community Sew Day and Pot Luck Lunch on Friday May, 11th

We could sure use your help!!

We're working with 9" finished blocks. (That means 9 1/2 inches before it's sewn into the quilt.)
I know it's short notice, but maybe you have time to make a block or two and get them in the mail to me this week. Blocks need to be in red, white and blue. Or red/blue. Or red/white. Or blue/white. Or use ivory or tan  instead of white. Our quilt group is making a variety of star blocks like the Ohio Star in the photo. We can work with whatever you send, as long as there are no metallic or glittered prints.

If you don't have time to piece a block, you can still help out! Send fabric!! It would be awesome to get some red or blue squares already cut to 9 1/2 inches!!

If you're in the area, come join us from 10-2. If you leave me your email, I can send you the mailing address or answer your questions.


Make it a Wonderful Day!

2 comments:

  1. I just saw your post regarding red,white,and blue blocks. I pulled out my scraps from an old quilt project and put together a few blocks. Can you tell me where to send them?? thanks, Debbie
    nursepurple1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie!! I've emailed you! We'll make good use of your fabric and blocks!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!! :D

      Delete